Friday, August 4, 2023

Writing Letters to Myself (Part One)

    7. Write letter to myself to open at end of 1,001 Days


    Writing yourself a letter is just weird. For the next item crossed off of my Day Zero List, I went with writing myself a letter to open when this list is done. It's even weirder when you're in a bout of depression, and you write yourself a letter to open nearly three years in the future.

    What's in the letter isn't that important, and I'm sure it won't be important then. Depression is a horrible thing. I don't have the means to get therapy. I don't have the means to get medicine. It's all my own fault, so I don't expect pity. I'm just not the man I'm supposed to be. I'm working on getting my income where it needs to be, though it may take a little while to get there. Maybe when I get my income right, I'll get the help I need. Maybe I need to put THAT on the list.

1 comment: